CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Friday, January 21, 2011

Peacock (greenish) Elizabethan Gown!!! Update!

So this has been a labor of loathe for me. I bought a custom "Elizabethan" gown, which turned out to be all wrong and more of a rococo style, but with epaulet sleeves (which is the one part I liked). Luckily the bodice is correct and heavily boned, which means no corset needed! It also didn't come with closures, so I had to add those myself.

How the epaulets looked:

And basically how the skirts looked:

So basically, yeah...the skirt had to be redone. Also there was this TACKY cheap shiny gold lace trim on it, which was a friggin nightmare to remove! Word to the wise - Taffeta pulls SOOOOO easily!

I also redid the skirt. I took out the first 5 pleats to spread the straight part out until it met the trim that I added on the bodice.

All trim currently on the dress was hand sewn on by myself.

Here are pics of the work so far:


 The actual colors - It is NOT that shiny!


 The sleeves are freaking awesome! I'm going to pearl these.


Again, the actual colors...


The right side is bugging me, going to have to redo again. x_X;


How it's looking so far. Going to pearl the lighter trim also.


Seriously, it's really not that shiny! The hat is a cute little Elizabethan riding hat I had commissioned a year or so ago to go with all of my gowns!


Cuteness!

I've also made an underskirt forepart out of the brown fabric - and each flower is beaded with a real turquoise 5mm bead! I'm going for bling. It's actually the forepart I made for the green Elizabethan but I think it goes well with this teal!



There's still more work to go...more trim, the pearls, etc. It's going to be awesome and it's silk and lined in linen so I can breathe in it during May!

Edit - Took a lot of pics of the brown underskirt forepart but they didn't save to my camera. Weird. I'll take more tomorrow. I like how it looks MUCH BETTER than the gold. :)



0 comments:

Post a Comment