CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Examples of the recently completed... Burgandy Elizabethan Gown

So here are a few images of the most recent costumes I've completed, starting with the oldest...

Photo by David Vail
Photo by Paulina Sears
The burgany Elizabethan gown... This is actually not really recent (2008), but one of my favorites.. My first adventure into sewing a HUGE gown! :D All and all I was really happy with how it turned out! One thing I learned is that you always bone the bodice, especially if you're short waisted. I made it so I could wear a corset underneath and not worry about the bodice, but now realize it needs something to keep it from bunching. I LOVE how the underskirt turned out... I sewed every bit of trim on it by hand. It's fabulous! I just wish I had a better picture of it. I guess I'll have to get it out and take another one. :)

I may end up selling this one, as it is a bit small on me now...that or fix it up for someone who wants to go noble at faire someday. ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment