CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Star Trek TOS Skant Uniform - Science Officer (Blue)

This was a VERY frustrating costume... I had to make this stupid thing THREE TIMES before I got it how I liked it. I must say, I loved the results but I absolutely HATED the fabric! well, cutting the fabric. Sewing the fabric was a dream! *sigh* Can't win em all... Anyways, this is SUPER FUN and I got a lot of compliments on it! Plus I like how it flows. @_@

 Lt. Uhura - Showing how insanely short the dress was! I added 3" to the bottom for modesty
Lt. Uhura's uniform
 The sad 1st attempt - Right color, WRONG fabric - this did not stretch AT ALL and was sadly a disappointment
 The third attempt - FRONT - Correct fabric, wrong color. I had to dye 4 yards of this fabric on my front porch. The color turned out beautifully!
 Third attempt - back view before sewing the last seam together. I decided not to add the zipper because the fabric is stretchy enough! w00t!
The science patch! Yes!
 Das boots! I love these boots, but they do not love my feet. I need insoles in them for sure!
 Finished top
 Waiting to be hemmed and have the braids added... :D
 The finished front!
 The completed back!
 GMX 2010 - Next time I'll do 60's hair but I had to have it straight for the costume I wore later that night!
Photo by Cass Teague

 GMX 2010 - Saturday
Photo by James Clemons

Not a great shot, but you can see the costume w/ das boots!
Photo by David Vail

This was a lot of fun to wear and I can't wait to make a TNG skant uniform! :D

1 comments:

Anonymous

just wanted to say what fun this uniform looked like for you! (and you look fab in it :-)

i found your site looking for uniform pics as i'm about to try my luck with one - just hope the fabric will co-operate!

live long and prosper,
ty

Post a Comment